Diamond is known as the gem of strength because it is tightly formed by carbon crystals miles below the Earth’s crust. The diamond is the hardest gemstone found on the Earth reaching a ten on Mohs Hardness scale. It is around 58 times harder than any other mineral on the Earth. A diamond’s resilience and unique lustre are one of the many reasons it is so popular.
Though diamonds are recognised for their colourless sparkle, they are also presented in an array of vibrant colours varying from pink to black. The denser the colour, the higher the value. These colour-treated diamonds are produced in a lab and may be priced higher than colourless diamonds of equal shapes and sizes.
Considered as the ‘King of All Birthstones,’ diamonds are valued by men and women around the globe. In most cases, diamond has always expressed everlasting love and beauty making it imminent for wedding engagements. Many people across the globe love to wear diamond solitaire, diamond wedding rings and diamond eternity rings.
Many ancient civilisations believed that diamonds possess healing powers and could cure diseases such as brain disease, draw toxins from the blood and relieve pituitary gland. It is thought that the diamond grants better relationships, enhance inner strength, clarity, balance, and abundance. In the words of the famous actress Marilyn Monroe, ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.’
History and Fun Facts
- From the Greek word Adamas meaning ‘invincible,’ diamonds have been around for more than billion years, developing in the depths of the earth’s mantle.
- It is the most concentrated form of a single chemical element, pure carbon.
- Historians estimate that diamonds were traded as early as 4 BC.
- Diamonds, symbolising beauty and lasting love, are the most popular gemstone for engagement rings. The first known diamond-studded engagement ring was presented by Archduke Maximilian of Austria to his fiancee Mary of Burgundy in 1477.
- Today the 4C’s of Diamond Quality that is Color, Clarity, Cut as well as Carat Weight.
Whether you about to get engaged or just planning for a meaningful gift to offer to someone or yourself, Ram Prakash Jewellers has a collection of beautiful diamond jewellery and engagement rings of different colours and styles.
We are London-based renowned jewellers that offer the best in class quality and beautifully designed wedding jewellery. Many couples prefer Ram Prakash jewellers to get the best 22kt gold jewellery that suits the personality, taste and pocket.